× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NOrbi Slow after adding the satalite router

Robiebab
Follower

NOrbi Slow after adding the satalite router

I have the RKR50 /RBS50 orbi router. Both are on firmware 2.0.0.7.4. I noticed that if i wanna add the satalite to the router it won't work anymore:

1 can't find the satalite (using add satalite)

2 if it has found the satalite (using add satalite) and go back i can't find it in the settings(satalite turns blue) and it works like crappy(i get many timeouts in the same room and slow download/upload speeds 15/7mbit instead of 500/500mbit)

3 if i reset both(orbi router and satalite) and include the satalite during the setup, it recognize the satalite in the software, except it is verrry slow/it won't work anymore. i can't even browse in the settings from the router after adding the satalite. if i disconnect the satalite, everythings works again except no mesh.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
hilld83
Star

Re: NOrbi Slow after adding the satalite router

It sounds like you have tried many different troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, but I'm not sure what order you completed these steps. I have listed steps that I would try if this issue occurred with my system. Try following these steps in the order they are listed:

1. Unplug the RBR50 Router and all RBS50 Satellites and disconnect them from all wired ethernet devices, USB devices, and from the modem.

2. Start with the RBS50 Satellite by plugging it into power and wait 3 minutes for the device to fully start up. At this time, ignore any LED indicators.

3. Perform a factory reset of the RBS50 Satellite by using a paperclip to press the reset button in the back of the device. Hold the button down for 10 seconds until the device LED begins to pulse amber. Wait 3 minutes for the device to finish the factory reset, then unplug it.

4. Plug the RBR50 Router into power and wait 3 minutes. At this time, ignore any LED indicators.

5. Perform a factory reset of the RBR50 Router by using a paperclip to press the reset button in the back of the unit. Hold the button down for 10 seconds until the device LED begins to pulse amber. Wait 3 minutes for the device to finish the factory reset, then unplug it.

6. Connect an ethernet cable from your modem to your RBR50 Router. Unplug the modem from power, then plug it back in. Plug the RBR50 Router into power and wait 3 minutes for the device to fully start up. The LED should turn off once startup is complete.

7. Plug the RBS50 Satellite into power within 3 feet of the RBR50 Router and wait 3 minutes for the device to fully start up. Ignore any LED indicators. Press the SYNC button on the RBR50 Router, and within 2 minutes press the SYNC button on the RBS50 Satellite.

8. Wait 3 minutes for the router and satellite to sync. Once both devices are connected, both LED indicators should turn off. Unplug the RBS50 Satellite and relocate it to a preferred location within 50-100 feet of the RBR50 Router. Plug the satellite back into power and wait 3 minutes for the device to fully start up and connect. The LED should pulse blue and turn off once it is within range and connected.

9. Perform the SYNC process again with any remaining RBS50 Satellites until all devices are connected to the RBR50 Router.

9. Connect a computer to the RBK50 wireless network using the SSID and PASSWORD listed on the base of the RBR50 Router.

10. Confirm the connectivity of the RBS50 Satellite(s) by logging into the router through orbilogin.com and navigating to ATTACHED DEVICES. All connected RBS50 Satellites should appear at the top of this page and should show connection type as 5G.

After following these steps, your Orbi RBK50 system should be back online and ready for setup. Keep in mind that all settings are at default. Do not reload any saved configuration--reconfigure your preferred network settings manually. Be sure to only activate any disabled settings that you actually need to use. I recommend activating the following settings under ADVANCED, ADVANCED SETUP, WIRELESS SETTINGS:

- Enable Implicit Beamforming (boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for all mobile devices)

- Enable MU-MIMO (boosts WiFi speed, reliability, & range for newer mobile devices)

- Enable Fast Roaming (boosts reliability for newer mobile devices when moving between router and satellites)

Hopefully this info will resolve any issues you have been having with network speed and stability. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7