Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi Satellite RBS50 bricked after update. Trying to TFTP to upload firmware. No Luck

Mills32
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi Satellite RBS50 bricked after update. Trying to TFTP to upload firmware. No Luck

I have 2 Orbi RBS50 satellites that are bricked and I have been trying to use various ways of TFTP to upload the firmware to them and nothing is working. I have tried Tftpd64, the Windows command prompt, and nmrpflash with no success.

The satellite blinks a white light 20 times when turned on before it starts to pulsate a white light (this continues forever). I have tested when the orbi satellite pings for 192.168.1.1 and it is on the 3rd blinking white light so I know exactly when to try to push the firmware. I even saw a post where someone said you have to have an earlier firmware for it to work and I tried the firmware ending in 104. I tried using a network switch as well because while trying to push the firmware it doesn't show connected in windows via ethernet until after the 18th-ish blink of light. The network switch should theoretically keep the connection the whole time which it seems as though it did but it still didn't work. I have tried at different times as well. I actually tried at every interval of the white blinking light with all 3 methods listed above.

If anyone had any ways of getting it to work I would appreciate it. Mostly looking for people that have actually got a satellite working again. The routers are easier for some reason.

Message 1 of 4
Mills32
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Orbi Satellite RBS50 bricked after update. Trying to TFTP to upload firmware. No Luck

I have tried the 30-30-30 hard reset but it did not work.

My next option is to try the serial way which is the second forum post you tagged.

I will look through the other posts you tagged and see if anything helps.

Thanks for the input.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi Satellite RBS50 bricked after update. Trying to TFTP to upload firmware. No Luck

Let us know how it goes. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7