Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No good deed goes unpunished.

Danborov
Aspirant

No good deed goes unpunished.

I have had the orbi Tri band Wi-Fi system and recommended it to a non-techy friend who has been having recent internet issues. I offered to help them set it up and did using my already installed app on my phone. Big mistake, because when you do so you get all their spamblock and malware alerts for all their devices, regardless of your location.

How the heck do I stop getting their spam and malware alerts?? There doesn’t appear to be a setting that differentiates between which system you’re using. Even though I’m always in my house, I’m getting all their devices alerts! I do want to keep mine.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@Danborov wrote:
I have had the orbi Tri band Wi-Fi system and recommended it to a non-techy friend who has been having recent internet issues. I offered to help them set it up and did using my already installed app on my phone. Big mistake, because when you do so you get all their spamblock and malware alerts for all their devices, regardless of your location.

How the heck do I stop getting their spam and malware alerts?? There doesn’t appear to be a setting that differentiates between which system you’re using. Even though I’m always in my house, I’m getting all their devices alerts! I do want to keep mine.

This sounds like an an issue that will find a solution when posted to the Netgear communit forum for the Orbi "app"

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app 

(It is a mystery why Netgear created different forums for some products and not others.  But..... they did.)

Message 2 of 6
Danborov
Aspirant

Thank you, I reposted there as well. We shall see.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sould like you need to remove there system setup from your Orbi app. 

@Danborov wrote:

Message 4 of 6
Danborov
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

If I saw there was an easy way to do that I would.  Looked all through the App.  Even re-set up my own system.  If you have exact instructions on how to do what youre saying from the app, that would be most helpful.  

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try logging in to your NG web site profile here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

See if two systems are listed here. If not, make contact with a NG forum Moderator to help you out over in the Orbi App forum. 

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7