Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBK43S EXTREMELY SLOW SPEEDS!

mrochin
Follower

ORBI RBK43S EXTREMELY SLOW SPEEDS!

Just purchased a Orbi Tri-band mesh system with two satellite.  I have cable modem that is set as a passthrough and is a 1gig service.  I followed every step in setting up the system with no issues even updated the firmware.  did speed test and can't seem to get speeds any higher than 9meg (extremely far cry from 1gig).  I connected my laptop directly to the modem to make sure that the modem was getting  the service speeds and it was.  Then plugged my laptop into the orbi and was getting no more than 9megs.  Can someone please tell me what might the problem be?  

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBK43S EXTREMELY SLOW SPEEDS!

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS.

Power OFF The ISP Modem as well for 30 seconds then back on. Walk thru the setup wizard and be sure to write down all important information. Be sure not to enable Armor, Circle, Access Controls, QoS or Traffic Meter on the RBR. 

@mrochin wrote:

Just purchased a Orbi Tri-band mesh system with two satellite.  I have cable modem that is set as a passthrough and is a 1gig service.  I followed every step in setting up the system with no issues even updated the firmware.  did speed test and can't seem to get speeds any higher than 9meg (extremely far cry from 1gig).  I connected my laptop directly to the modem to make sure that the modem was getting  the service speeds and it was.  Then plugged my laptop into the orbi and was getting no more than 9megs.  Can someone please tell me what might the problem be?  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7