× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBK53- satellite pulsing white....

mhiyer
Tutor

ORBI RBK53- satellite pulsing white....

I have an 2-RBS50, and a RBR50.  All were running firmware V2.7.3.22.  Had a power outage in a storm yesterday that lasted all of 5-10 seconds.  Router and satellites rebooted, but one of the satellites was flashing white.  Turned off everything, and rebooted router followed by both satellites in that order.  Same satellite keeps flashing white....On GUI website, it sees the satellite, but no connection.  I then did a hard reset to try and re-sync the satellite.  Now on reboot, it keeps flashing white and the router no longer sees it.  Any help please, or is the satellite a goner?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
mhiyer
Tutor

SUCCESS!!!

so first completely bricked it by pressing reset and holidng it, turing power off, then turned back on.  Power LED flashing red.  so retried again upload to 192.168.1.1.  Worked, and rebooted.  Kept flashing white.  unplugged ethernet and let it sit.  Suddenly, light turned blue.  Was able to reconnect to my old satellite and router w/ all the settings.  Followed the directions in :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/How-to-unbrick-the-Nighthawk-R7000-using-OS-...

Thanks for your help FURRYe38!

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you reset the RBS only or both RBS and RBR? 

Message 2 of 12
mhiyer
Tutor

Only the flashing RBS. Other RBS and RBR were untouched. Nervous to reset those and fry the whole system
Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the 2nd RBS listed in the RBRs connected devices page? If it's seen there, remove it using the remove button no the web page. Then reboot the RBR and allow it to come to ready. Turn ON the RBS and when it's pulsating WHITE, hit the sync button on the RBS then RBR. Do this with the this one RBS in same room as the RBR...

Message 4 of 12
mhiyer
Tutor

by 2nd RBS, do you mean the one that's still working?  That shows up in the connected devices.  The one that is flashing oringally showed in connected devices.  I then removed it from there and hard-reset it to try and sync it as a new satellite.  It unfotuantely stayed in the flashing white mode.  It never got to the steady white mode to be able to get it to sync with the RBR....

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

No, the 2nd RBS thats NOT working...

Does it re-appear in the RBR after you attempted to reconnected it even though its WHITE? If it's in the RBRs web page, can you connect it it's IP address? 

You might do this, factory reset the RBS, don't re-sync it. Remove it from the RBR. Connect 1 wired PC to the back of the RBS and wait about 5 minutes. Try too connect it's web page at 192.168.1.250. If you can, I'd re-send the FW file to the RBS again. 

Message 6 of 12
mhiyer
Tutor

can't connect via it's IP address.  Tried uploading new firmware via tftp in a mac in terminal.  It said it was successful in sending, but still flashes white after reboot and unable to connect via web GUI.  any other ideas, or is it a brick?

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd contact NG supprot and let them know what happend and ask about what your options are.

@Blanca_O 

Message 8 of 12
mhiyer
Tutor

Thanks.  Not sure if they'll be able to do anything since I think i'm out of warranty.  I noticed that when I pinged it, there were 2 active IP address.  192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.250.  I uploaded to 192.168.1.1.  Also, the power LED was red to get it upload.  Any other ideas or thoughts?

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you upload to 192.168.1.250 or access it's web page here? 

Message 10 of 12
mhiyer
Tutor

SUCCESS!!!

so first completely bricked it by pressing reset and holidng it, turing power off, then turned back on.  Power LED flashing red.  so retried again upload to 192.168.1.1.  Worked, and rebooted.  Kept flashing white.  unplugged ethernet and let it sit.  Suddenly, light turned blue.  Was able to reconnect to my old satellite and router w/ all the settings.  Followed the directions in :

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/How-to-unbrick-the-Nighthawk-R7000-using-OS-...

Thanks for your help FURRYe38!

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

YAY. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7