Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR50

bngfrm
Aspirant

ORBI RBR50

I'm trying to connect my ORBI RBR50 to my existing network as an access point. I currently have a Netgear N750 serving as my main router and handling DHCP. When I attempt to connect the ORBI, it will flash white for a couple of minutes before turning a steady magenta indicating it couldn't obtain an ip address. I've set the ORBI up in "access point" mode so I don't understand why it won't connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ORBI RBR50

Hello bngfrm

Have you tried to reserve a IP address for the orbi unit on your main router and connect it?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4

flashing white means the orbi router  its looking for the sat to sync with , have you got the sat turned on and also pulsing white ?

you may have to factory reset and redo the setup if you are attempting to use the orbi router on its own with no sat

Message 3 of 4
bngfrm
Aspirant

Yes, I did try to reserve an address. I also tried to static the Orbi. Neither worked and I had to reset the Orbi to factory default as I couldn't access it. I did eventually get it connected to the modem, was able to access the orbi, reconfigured it and set it up as an access point downstream of the modem and router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7