Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One Satellite Doesn't Provide Connection to Some Devices | RBR50 v2

HappyPineapple
Follower

One Satellite Doesn't Provide Connection to Some Devices | RBR50 v2

Hi everyone,

I own the RBR50 v2 set, that I purchased back in 2020. Recently, a problem surfaced: one of our two satellites seems to randomly select one or two devices that it won't supply internet to. Trying to access any page (except the Orbi admin panel) results in the browser/app complaining that an encrypted connection couldn't be established. It seems as though the router simply pushes its self-signed certificate, the one used for the admin panel. The behavior is similar to that of devices which are blocked on the network via access control. As soon as I move closer to another satellite, the problem is gone.

We have acccess control activated, with new devices being disallowed access automatically. Now, here's where it gets peculiar. When I log on to the Orbi admin panel from any device and change the access of any device to the network (i.e. block or unblock the wireless camera, for example), the problem is fixed after I reconnect the impacted device to the WiFi network. Even though I didn't change that device's settings at all – it was always allowed access! But this is only good for an hour or two, before the problem appears again.

So as soon as I "update" the access list in any way, the router temporarily restores access to the device that was falsely stripped of an internet connection.

Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it!

(I couldn't select my model while filling out this form, it wouldn't find it. I don't own the RBK20.)

Message 1 of 2
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: One Satellite Doesn't Provide Connection to Some Devices | RBR50 v2

Hello HappyPineapple,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues with the access control on your Orbi Mesh System. This issue can occur if your Orbi Mesh System is out of date. Please ensure that you are using the latest FW for your device which is FW 2.7.5.4.

Please navigate to the link below for the download file for your RBR50: 
Orbi RBK53 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support

For more information on manually updating your RBK50 please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Please let me know if this helps!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7