Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Online banking being blocked

wclemons
Aspirant

Online banking being blocked

I am having trouble accessing my online banking site. It times out. I can connect to it if I take the Orbi out of the picture and use my phone as my Internet access point. So it's not the site itself. I cannot access the site from multiple computers (Windows and Mac) connected to my Orbi. This started after installing NetGear Armor/BitDefender. I want to keep the product enabled, but I don't see where I can setup exclusions. I do not have BitDefender software on my laptops and would prefer not to use the client. Anyone seen this and have any suggestions?

Also, NetGear shows I have support for Armor for a few more weeks before I have to purchase it. But I'm having trouble finding support online. All I see is support for the hardware device (which is over 90 days old).

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 5
wclemons
Aspirant

The banking site is not showing up as being blocked.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

To get a hold of support for subscriptions services like Armor/Circle, click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process.
Click on: My Support---->Contact Support---->Get help with my subscription service

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor

Good Luck.

@wclemons wrote:

I am having trouble accessing my online banking site. It times out. I can connect to it if I take the Orbi out of the picture and use my phone as my Internet access point. So it's not the site itself. I cannot access the site from multiple computers (Windows and Mac) connected to my Orbi. This started after installing NetGear Armor/BitDefender. I want to keep the product enabled, but I don't see where I can setup exclusions. I do not have BitDefender software on my laptops and would prefer not to use the client. Anyone seen this and have any suggestions?

Also, NetGear shows I have support for Armor for a few more weeks before I have to purchase it. But I'm having trouble finding support online. All I see is support for the hardware device (which is over 90 days old).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7