× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Four Units

khaki
Follower

Orbi Four Units

Hello all, We have an Orbi system however due to the house being quite large the system is struggling in one of the bedrooms upstairs. As the solo satellite is not availible the UK yet, can I do the following:

Add the additional Satellite to the Orbi system creating a network with three Orbis. Would this also slow down the network as there is effectively more overhead needed?

With regards to the spare master unit, can this also be put into Satellite mode so I would effectively have four Orbis

?

Thanks in advance.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi Four Units

@khaki wrote:

Hello all, We have an Orbi system however due to the house being quite large the system is struggling in one of the bedrooms upstairs. As the solo satellite is not availible the UK yet, can I do the following:

Add the additional Satellite to the Orbi system creating a network with three Orbis. Would this also slow down the network as there is effectively more overhead needed?

With regards to the spare master unit, can this also be put into Satellite mode so I would effectively have four Orbis

?

Thanks in advance.

Yes yes you can add a second satellite. That's how the system is designed to be deployed. Doing so should not cause a slow down, but I've never seen any testing to prove that.

No, you cannot use the spare master unit as a third satellite. Netgear could probably provide firmware to do that, but I don't expect they will.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi Four Units

@khaki wrote:

?

Thanks in advance.

Yes yes you can add a second satellite. That's how the system is designed to be deployed. Doing so should not cause a slow down, but I've never seen any testing to prove that.

No, you cannot use the spare master unit as a third satellite. Netgear could probably provide firmware to do that, but I don't expect they will.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7