Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Outdoor Satellite RBS50Y losing connection to Router

till18
Follower

Orbi Outdoor Satellite RBS50Y losing connection to Router

Since beginning of the year I'm successfully running a SRR60 Router with two SRS60 Indoor Satellites. I bought them in Switzerland (where I live). As the connection in our garden wasn't satisfying I used my last US trip in August to buy an RBS50Y Outdoor Satellite, which I installed on the ouside wall of our house. Initially all worked fine, but since a couple of weeks ago, the satellite isn't able to maintain a stable connection to the router.

It continously connects and reconnects, with the status light switching between blue and magenta. Sometimes it seems to stay connected long enough, so it switches from blue to no light. Sometimes it shows amber before going to magenta again. 

I tried everything:

• Reset, new sync with the router, daisy chaining on and off, dozens of power cycles.
  • I tried it indoor in the same room as the router. 

Nothing helped. 

Given that it initially worked I suspect it had to do with some of the last FW updates, which I've set to automatic.

Any ideas or similar experience?

• Router SRR60 - V2.2.1.210
  • Satellite SRS60 - V2.2.1.210
  • Satellite SRS60 - V2.2.1.210
  • Satellite SBS50Y - V2.2.1.104

Message 1 of 4
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi Outdoor Satellite RBS50Y losing connection to Router

@till18 wrote:

• Satellite SBS50Y - V2.2.1.104

I think you meant RBS50Y, right?

Anyway, I think it's better if you post this question in the Orbi Pro Community as this one is for the "Home" Orbi 🙂

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-orbi-pro

Message 2 of 4
mgil1
Star

Re Outdoor Orbi satellite RBS50Y-I've just installed into a newtork thats been stable for over a year with wired Orbi Satellites and wi-fi connected ones - I'm having exactly the same problem - the satellite is stable and then after a few hours starts going orange to blue then ultimately Magenta...2 questions

does anyone have a fix

is it possible to hardwire via ethernet backhaul to another satellite? 

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

FW up to date? 

Factory reset and setup from scratch? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

The satellite can be wired to the router. 

@mgil1 wrote:

Re Outdoor Orbi satellite RBS50Y-I've just installed into a newtork thats been stable for over a year with wired Orbi Satellites and wi-fi connected ones - I'm having exactly the same problem - the satellite is stable and then after a few hours starts going orange to blue then ultimately Magenta...2 questions

does anyone have a fix

is it possible to hardwire via ethernet backhaul to another satellite? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7