Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RB 50 - problems with connecting to websites - BRS_wanlan_conflict

bigt55
Aspirant

Orbi RB 50 - problems with connecting to websites - BRS_wanlan_conflict

I have a problem with my Orbi RB 50 commuication to some websites. Most often HTTP links in emails such as those with the prefix "click.email". I get a message back saying the connection is not private and the page is appended with - BRS_wanlan_conflict.

I connect to Frontier FIOS using their modem which also has wifi enabled. The modem is a FIOS - G1100

I've read some of the other posts. Are there solutions specific to my situation?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bigt55
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RB 50 - problems with connecting to websites - BRS_wanlan_conflict

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

When I Google "BRS_wanlan_conflict" bunches of hits come up.  The gist of what I observe is that this may be an artifact of having two routers, which you apparently do.  Both the Frontier and the Orbi are acting as routers (and both are creating WiFi networks).  The general advice is to have only one router.  It can be the Frontier or the Orbi.

So, if you want the Orbi to be your router, because you want to use features like OpenVPN, port forwarding, Bitgear Armor (shudder), or Disney Circle (ugh) then the Frontier needs to be put into "bridge" or "passthrough" mode.  ISP technical support is usually able to do this on request or tell you how to do it.

If you have no need for Orbi router features and would rather not deal with ISP technical support, the easiest thing to do is to put the Orbi into Access Point (AP) mode.  This is done on the Orbi web interface, the Advanced Tab, Advanced Setup (at the bottom), Router/AP mode.  When the Orbi is in AP mode, all "router functions", such assigning IP addresses, port forwarding, etc. are done on the Frontier router.  (I do not know of a way to do this usiing the Orbi "app".)

Message 2 of 4
bigt55
Aspirant

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
bigt55
Aspirant

I set the ORBI to access point mode. Problem resolved. I will experiment later with running the FIOS router in bridged mode.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7