Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RB50 performance is slow

Ckruse
Aspirant

Orbi RB50 performance is slow

I have the Orbi RB50 with 1 satelite. Every once in a while, my peformacne gets extremely slow. I have Fios 1G service. When Orbi is running correctly i get 500+ down/upload speeds. When it gets boggy, it is consistently 80-90. I have this bridged with the Fios Gateway they gave me. This is in the basement. It is hardwired from the basement to my upstairs into the back of my main Orbi. I can log into my Fios router and check the speeds and they are fine on that. So something is happening with the Orbi. I've done resets, the firmware is up to date. I've even changed my wiring come from the wall to the Orbi. Nothing seems to get the results to instantly change back. All my settings are fine. Changing all of the settings I have read on the internet does nothing. The other Fios Router's wifi has been disabled. I had this happen about 1-2 months ago. It was like this for about 5-6 days. I thought maybe it was an ethernet cord so i changed it and that seemed to make the difference. But its back at it again. I'm pretty sure the cord is fine. When i put the system in (its been active for about 4-5 months now) it was running fine. So the wires cant be faulty that the builder put in otherwise they wouldnt have worked in the first place. Something has to be going on with the Orbi. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Ckruse
Aspirant

Apparently replacing one of the ethernet cord in the basment fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using? Try the Bata linked at this stickied post dated 3/23/2018 in this forum?

Message 2 of 6
Ckruse
Aspirant

V2.1.2.18

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the Beta FW. 

Besure to factory reset the router and Satelite and set up from scratch. Very Important. 

Don't enable or touch the QoS feature after setting up. 

Message 4 of 6
Ckruse
Aspirant

So I tried a factory reset and still having the same issues.

Also, not sure where to find the Beta firmware. My firmware is up to date, so I dont understand why its not working.

Not that 90 is bad, but I was pulling 500 a week ago.

Message 5 of 6
Ckruse
Aspirant

Apparently replacing one of the ethernet cord in the basment fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7