Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK 22 will not connect with existing home internet, suggestions?

FH1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Orbi RBK 22 will not connect with existing home internet, suggestions?

I just purchased a Orbi RBK22,  i am trying to set it up but it will not connect with my internet, i am using the ethernet cable that came with the Orbi,  any suggestions or solutions?  I have followed the instructions with no success.  Do I need to have a NetGear modem to make the Orbi work ? 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK 22 will not connect with existing home internet, suggestions?

Whats the Mfr and model# of the current ISP modem?

Message 2 of 5
FH1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The modem is an ARRIS model  TM602G/115

Message 3 of 5
FH1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The modem is an ARRIS  model   TM602G/115

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You should have the ISP modem connected to the back of the Orbi router, WAN port. Yellow port.

Use a CAT6 LAN cable for best quality.

Power cycle the ISP modem. Pull the battery if there is one present on the modem.

I would factory reset the router and have a wired PC connected to the Orbi router with a web browser. And the Orbi router connected to the ISP modem. Hold the reset button on the back of the router for 15-20 seconds until the top led turns amber, yellowish. Then let go. Wait for the top led to slowly flash white. Go to the routers web page again in a web browser and the set up wizard should be waiting for you.

Walk thru the set up wizard. This should help you get the router connected to the modem..

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7