Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 Netgear Armor Failure

jhall0125
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 Netgear Armor Failure

Hello, I have a Netgear Orbi RBR50 router.  In January 2021 I bought the bitdefender netgear armor subscription from my router.  I had troubles from the beginning it took almost 5 days for the Orbi to finally recognize the subscription and turn on.  All worked well until this past month when the router updated firmware to V2.7.3.22.  Router was stuck on "Armor Updating" for 14 days and reboot did not resolve.  Netgear support was useless.  Contacted them 3 times and only solution they could give me was factory reset the router.  I performed factory reset the router now 3 times and performed new setup with no luck, now it just says subscribe to armor but when I do it fails and tries to do a trial and fails.  I am using same email account and login that I did not initial setup.  Contact Netgear, they say contact Bitdefender.  Contact bitdefender they say contact netgear.  I am getting nowhere.  I should of never bought it but now I paid for a year and still have 4 months of service I cannot use.  Can anyone advise?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Christian_R maybe you can take a look at this? 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

Message 3 of 7
jhall0125
Tutor

Thank you
Message 4 of 7
jhall0125
Tutor