Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 and Intel Wireless AC-9560 Connectivity Issue

ozzi58
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 and Intel Wireless AC-9560 Connectivity Issue

Hello,

I am having internet connectivity issues with my Asus Aspire 5 w/intel wireless AC-9560. It's intermittent. I can disable and enable and that sometimes works.  I have multiple Roku devices, IOS devices and an HP device (not sure of wireless adapter) that have no issues.  The ASUS works fine with my Cisco Meraki setup.  I've updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and still the same issue.  I'm thinking the ASUS intel wireless board is the issue.  Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

"Sometimes" can be difficult to diagnose.  When it works, how does the Orbi say it is connected?  (2.4G? 5G?)

Have you assigned an IP address to the laptop on the Orbi?  (on the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab->Setup->LAN Setup)

Message 2 of 5
ozzi58
Aspirant

Sorry.  Meant ACER, not ASUS. 

5G.  I will assign an IP and see what happens.

Message 3 of 5
ozzi58
Aspirant

Hardcoding an IP did not work.  I have wifi connectivity to the Orbi but no connectivity to the internet.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

When you updated the intel wifi driver, did you do it from the asus site or the intel site?

If you did it from the asus site, try from the intel site. They push out many more updates/fixes that don't trickle down to the vendors for (sometimes) quite a while. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/wireless/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-95...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7