Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 router randomly disconnects/blocks internet for the whole network.

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 router randomly disconnects/blocks internet for the whole network.

There is no requirement to use default SSID on the Orbi. User can always use a custom SSID name and PW. I know your just troubleshooting. This is fine. 

Of course, make sure the system works and once your satsified, then make the change. 

This is something I haven't seen and again, seems to be a odd case which a reset and setup from scratch seems to have cleared it. Let us know when you change the SSID back to what you want, if the problem appears again. I hope your system will be ok since the reset. Should be. 

Message 26 of 31
drtrotter74
Tutor

I am NOT confident.  I have done about 10 factory resets so far in the last few weeks.  All of them have resulted in continued disconnects of both wired and wifi connections. 

This is the first time that I have just used the default SSID, and this is the first time I have had stability for 10 hours+.   So, that seems like more than coincidence so far.  

I know that ORBI is not expecting that using default SSID is a requirement, but I have read where others have seen issues with his.  I know of a local IT tech who advised this same idea, based on his experience.  I dismissed it, as it seems like a ridiculous scenario to have to use the default provided SSID and password.  

I hope I am wrong, but so far this is the longest I have not had drops with my internet using this ORBI system.  

Message 27 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, you don't have to use default SSID names. You can however you don't have too. Users choice.

Possible other surrounding factors that could be contributing to your bad experiences as well.

What channels are you using? Auto? 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@drtrotter74 wrote:

I am NOT confident.  I have done about 10 factory resets so far in the last few weeks.  All of them have resulted in continued disconnects of both wired and wifi connections. 

This is the first time that I have just used the default SSID, and this is the first time I have had stability for 10 hours+.   So, that seems like more than coincidence so far.  

I know that ORBI is not expecting that using default SSID is a requirement, but I have read where others have seen issues with his.  I know of a local IT tech who advised this same idea, based on his experience.  I dismissed it, as it seems like a ridiculous scenario to have to use the default provided SSID and password.  

I hope I am wrong, but so far this is the longest I have not had drops with my internet using this ORBI system.  

Message 28 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

@espcar 

Sounds like Circle is the cause of problems for you. Disabling in mean time seems to be a work around. Hopefully NG and Disney will get Circle working better. 

Please mark your thead post as solved so others will know. Let us know if they get Circle fixed for you.

Good Luck. 

@espcar wrote:

Did this clear things?

Also, I did not do a factory reset after my previous post as you asked for.

I just disabled circle on the router.

So most certainly, this issue is a bug in Circle.

It's been like one and a half day since I disabled Circle and I haven't experienced "DC/Block" after that.

However, Circle was one of the reasons for selecting Orbi, so...

Plan now is to re-enable armor maybe tomorrow, and see if DCs come back.

And then in a few more days re-enable circle to confirm the observations.

I'm open for running firmware with additional logging or something to help the devs determine the issue so it can be fixed.

Message 29 of 31
BlackApron
Aspirant

Exactly the same in my case... disabled Circle and disconnections stopped. 

Having said that, I truly would like to be able to use Circle... 

Message 30 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Circle app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Good Luck. 

@BlackApron wrote:

Exactly the same in my case... disabled Circle and disconnections stopped. 

Having said that, I truly would like to be able to use Circle... 

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7