Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi S50

David152
Aspirant

Orbi S50

The main router of the Orbi S50 started blinking white, I’ve tried all the recommended methods to fix it, rebooting using the restarted button etc but there is no wifi signal that I can connect to to try and update firmware.  It’s just blinking white before and after any reset.  I’m stuck and do not know how to get it working again.

it has one satellite connected to it and it is plugged into the internet providers router.

I’ve owned it for a few years now with no issues at all until now, seems to be in a loop or something and I cannot get it talking / working again.

thoughts?

thanks David

Message 1 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi S50

Hello @David152 ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues with your RBS50. The flashing lights are an indication that the satellite firmware may be different than the router. Please log into your satellite and ensure that it is on the current firmware version 2.7.5.4. If it is not please manually update your satellite to the firmware version 2.7.5.4. Please be sure to select the firmware under RBS50 from the attached link. 

For step-by-step instructions on how to manually update your RBS50 please navigate to the link below:
How do I check and manually update the firmware on my Orbi satellite? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Navigate to the link below for the download file for your RBS50: 
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#download

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
David152
Aspirant

Thanks Kevin,

two problems that I'm having,

1. the power light is flashing at the back of there router;

2. there's no wifi signal to be able to connect to to download to or be able to Log into

3. when I tried to down load the firmware update you provided it said wasn't able to, was corrupt or such

4. when I typed in searched on my account for firmware update nether replied there's no firmware update for my serial number any more

does this mean its stuffed and have to buy a new one?

thanks, David

Message 3 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello David152,

Thanks for the additional information!

I would like to get you to our support team to troubleshoot this issue further. 

Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7