Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and the modem are both running their own networks.

sue-doe-nimm
Aspirant

Orbi and the modem are both running their own networks.

Hi! I have an Orbi mesh network Wi-Fi system set up, connected to a Actiontek Q1000 modem. The Orbi WiFi network is accessible at its network name, "suedoenimm" (the config page is at 192.168.1.1, I believe), but the Q1000 is also running a network under the name "myqwest7703" (the config page is at 192.168.0.1). I can connect to both of the networks, and they each provide internet of 20-30 MBPS speed.

However, my ISP should give me 45 MBPS of speed. Would disabling the WiFi of the QWest one help the Orbi one go faster?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi and the modem are both running their own networks.

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
sue-doe-nimm
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 So will that improve the speed of the Orbi network?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The less interferences from other wifi sources should help with performances. Other factors may be at play as well, surrounding environment, other wifi neighbors and such. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7