× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app will not connect to RBR50 due to network name change

OldRodz56
Follower

Orbi app will not connect to RBR50 due to network name change

I set up the Orbi RBR50 last year.  Today I am setting up the Orbi app. The Orbi app will not connect to the RBR50- possibly due to Orbi Network name change?  Nothing I try seems to work.  I am not a super tech guy.  The RBR50 seems to work fine, just cannot connect the app to it.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

When the smartphone or tablet running the app is connected to the Orbi WiFi network, open the app and "Get Started".  The next step is to "Login" using the administrative credentials, "admin" for user name and whatever the administrative password is (not the WiFi password).

No need to go down the rabbit hole of "creating an account".

Message 2 of 4
ekhalil
Master

To connect using the Orbi app you need two credentials:

1. Netgear Account to be able to log in to the Netgear Cloud.
  2. Orbi managament account (user admin and your admin password) 

You need to be connected to the Orbi wifi when you connect using the app the first time. Later on you can also use the app to log in to Orbi remotely.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I reloaded the Orbi app on my Android phone just ow (version 2.4.8.816).  When it asked for "Location Permission" it definitely was an option.  One of those ominous warnings, "May experience reduced experience if location is not allowed."  The app was clearly prepared to proceed without knowing location.  Maybe the Apple app is different?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series