Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi firmware update v2.1 fail

mojoprime
Aspirant

Orbi firmware update v2.1 fail

ok, i'm trying to manually update the firmware. so i got through the login page, get to the advance menu, click on manual, select my satellite and tap the update button. this is what i get -- on Safari, Firefox and Chrome:

<html><head><meta http-equiv='Pragma' content='no-cache'><meta http-equiv='Cache-Control' content='no-cache'><title> 401 Authorization</title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function cancelevent()
{
	top.location.href='/unauth.cgi';
}
</script>
</head><body onload=cancelevent()></body></html>

ok. java and javascript are enabled on my mac, running high sierra 10.13.2. i can't seem to get beyond this point. can anyone help? it's much appreciateted. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to power cycle the satellite before trying to do the update?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 13
mojoprime
Aspirant

thanks for the reply. since the update was pulled, should i just wait?

Message 3 of 13
mojoprime
Aspirant

Darren, should i wait until the firmware update is officially reposted?

Message 4 of 13
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You can wait if you do not need the new features of circle parental controls and ethernet back haul but when trying to manually load the firmware did you unzip the file you downloaded before trying to load it onto the orbi unit?

Message 5 of 13
mojoprime
Aspirant

yes, i tried to upload the unzipped file.

Message 6 of 13
mojoprime
Aspirant

the problem is that i never get to the point where i upload the firmware. as soon as a click the button to select the satellite for upgrading, and then click update, a new window opens with the message i originally posted. it happens immediately. it opens a URL with the router address slash fwupdate.html.

Message 7 of 13
guzzijason
Apprentice

Just go to the main page of the satellite (remove the filename fromt he end fo the URL), login there, and then go to the fw update link.

Message 8 of 13
mojoprime
Aspirant

maybe this will help. i get to the firmware page, click the button to select the satellite, then click update and then i get this popup window.

Message 9 of 13
guzzijason
Apprentice

Skip the firmware page on the router for now... go to the satellite directly: http://[IP of satellite]/

Once you log into the satellite interface, then there will be a firmware update link there.

Message 10 of 13
mojoprime
Aspirant

typing in the satellite IP gets me the same information i originally posted.

Message 11 of 13
guzzijason
Apprentice

Very odd. In that case, I would do a re-sync between that satellite and the router, because if you can authenticate to one but not the other, their configs must be out of sync.

Message 12 of 13
mojoprime
Aspirant

UPDATE. the new version of the iOS Orbi app had an update that pushed the firmware update to my equipment. went off without a hitch. both the router and satellite are at 2.1.2.18.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7