Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi goes out about once every other month

Kdosborn1
Aspirant

Orbi goes out about once every other month

I’m about to buy another router that’s not associated with Netgear. My Orbi goes out about once every other month and it’s down for days. It’s down now... unbelieveable!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Orbi goes out about once every other month

I'm very sorry you had such bad luck with the Netgear service. Personally, when I had an issue in the past, my experience was great. Having said that, I'm well aware of others having a bad time so am not trying to root for Netgear or someone else. Just don't think that the grass is much greener on the other side. Big companies often have very bad customer services, especially when it gets down to (very) technical issues. I've dealt with ASUS, TP-Link, Linksys, MSI, Samsung, etc and they are not any better or worse than Netgear. You'd be lucky to get a person who has more than two brain cells interacting and is doing his best to provide you a fix in a nice support way

Message 2 of 5
Kdosborn1
Aspirant

Re: Horrible customer service

I am sure you are right but this last time was the final straw. It was 24 hrs before my thesis was due. I have my own hot spot which saved my life - shouldn't have been the case. I have done everything possible to get it back up and running with no luck. 

KO

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi goes out about once every other month

What do you mean goes out? Does the router stop working? wired and wireless?

Or is the satellite stopping? Wireless?

Both stop working?

Kind of need more information here.

FW version being used?

Any wireless neighbors near by? How many?

What have you tried on the system to troubleshoot?

What ISP modem and model# do you have?

How is the Orbi system configured?

@Kdosborn1 wrote:

I’m about to buy another router that’s not associated with Netgear. My Orbi goes out about once every other month and it’s down for days. It’s down now... unbelieveable!

Message 4 of 5
ChristineT
Admin

Re: Horrible customer service

Greetings @Kdosborn1,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Orbi system.  I agree you shouldn't have to rely on your hotspot to save the day! We'd love to work with you on this issue if you're willing! I have asked @DarrenM to reach out to you and engage with our support team as needed.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7