Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi issue with WD My Cloud NAS - cannot navigate to it or see it in Windows Network

kuno2501
Guide

Orbi issue with WD My Cloud NAS - cannot navigate to it or see it in Windows Network

I have a WD (Western Digitial) My Cloud NAS and for some reason it disapeared from Windows Network but I was able to login to the NAS web client from a web browser. I did some searching on Netgear Community and WD Support post but was not able to find a solution. I played with verious settings and finally got it to work by disabling MU-MIMO (Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> Wireless Settings -> Enable MU-MIMO)

Hope this helps if someone is having the same issue

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi issue with WD My Cloud NAS - cannot navigate to it or see it in Windows Network

This is a fascinating observation.  Page 3 of this User Manual clearly states that the WD My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Due are NOT WiFi devices.  The smartphone "app" used for setup requires a WiFi connection for the smartphone, but the actual My Cloud does not use WiFi.

https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/wd/product/external... 

The Windows computer that could not find the My Cloud was connected to the Orbi over WiFi?

Message 2 of 3
kuno2501
Guide

With MU-MIMO enabled; it worked fine when I connected WD My Cloud NAS to the main Oribi, but had the issue when I connect it to a satelight Orbi. It is facinating indeed.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7