Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Painted in a corner with RBR40

SeniorLouie
Aspirant

Painted in a corner with RBR40

So I started a discussion a couple of days ago on my Orbi RBR40 and adding another sattelite to the three I have. In looking for suitable options for the satelites I am finding any ones recommended to me are highly constrainted - not available new. The current system has worked well for 2 years but I have a gap in coverage where I need another sattelite. The recommended sattelites were RBS50, RBS40, RBS20, RBW30, RBS50Y. is it just time to look for a new system and has Netgear decided to not make certain sattelites like the RBS20 anymore. Sorry I may be out of touch here since I have not been close to what Netgear has been doing in advancing their technologies.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Painted in a corner with RBR40

@SeniorLouie wrote:

Not to question you - will it work with the RBR40? Sounds like it will and that would be fantastic news - I like my RBR40 and really do not want to get rid of it if I don't have to. Please let me know and thanks for your reply.

Yes it will work perfectly with the RBR40 and have the same power as the RBS40.

Here are the specs:

It's AC2200 Tri Band

2.4GHz (400Mbps†) + 5GHz (867Mbps†) for WiFi devices to connect to the Internet5GHz (867Mbps†) dedicated WiFi link for faster data connections between Orbi router and Orbi Voice

3.5” front-facing woofer & 1” tweeter

35 watts with Four (4) mics with far-field voice recognition support

Two (2) 10/100/1000Mbps ports

Four (4) high-performance antennas with high-powered amplifiers

Implicit & explicit Beamforming for 2.4 and 5 GHz bands

Mu-MIMO Simultaneous data streaming to multiple devices

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
SeniorLouie
Aspirant

I have considered the RBW30 but do not know if this will have the coverage I need - only one readily available still.

Message 2 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@SeniorLouie wrote:

So I started a discussion a couple of days ago on my Orbi RBR40 and adding another sattelite to the three I have. In looking for suitable options for the satelites I am finding any ones recommended to me are highly constrainted - not available new. The current system has worked well for 2 years but I have a gap in coverage where I need another sattelite. The recommended sattelites were RBS50, RBS40, RBS20, RBW30, RBS50Y. is it just time to look for a new system and has Netgear decided to not make certain sattelites like the RBS20 anymore. Sorry I may be out of touch here since I have not been close to what Netgear has been doing in advancing their technologies.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

If you are satisfied with your RBR40, and it has been performing well, IMHO there would be no need to look for a new system.

I'm not sure if this was suggested by me, but a great addition to what you have would be an Orbi Voice RBS40V Smart Speaker. I have one, and the coverage is as good as any RBS40 satellite, but with added features. You can opt not to use these features as well. I mention it because it is on sale currently, for $99.00 at Amazon and other vendors.

Message 3 of 7
SeniorLouie
Aspirant

Not to question you - will it work with the RBR40? Sounds like it will and that would be fantastic news - I like my RBR40 and really do not want to get rid of it if I don't have to. Please let me know and thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@SeniorLouie wrote:

Yes it will work perfectly with the RBR40 and have the same power as the RBS40.

Here are the specs:

It's AC2200 Tri Band

2.4GHz (400Mbps†) + 5GHz (867Mbps†) for WiFi devices to connect to the Internet5GHz (867Mbps†) dedicated WiFi link for faster data connections between Orbi router and Orbi Voice

3.5” front-facing woofer & 1” tweeter

35 watts with Four (4) mics with far-field voice recognition support

Two (2) 10/100/1000Mbps ports

Four (4) high-performance antennas with high-powered amplifiers

Implicit & explicit Beamforming for 2.4 and 5 GHz bands

Mu-MIMO Simultaneous data streaming to multiple devices

Message 5 of 7
SeniorLouie
Aspirant

Perfect thank you so much - just order it - on back order but what a steal - thank you so much for the help.

Message 6 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@SeniorLouie wrote:

Perfect thank you so much - just order it - on back order but what a steal - thank you so much for the help.

It looks like it is available at this link if you don't want to wait:

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs40v-200.aspx

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7