Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR 50 need 2.4 signal

RickF71
Aspirant

RBR 50 need 2.4 signal

Is it possible to force a 2.4 Ghz signal? Trying to set up an Idevice that requires a 2.4 Ghz signal but only have a 5 Ghz signal.

Message 1 of 5
st_shaw
Master

You should have both 2.4 and 5 GHz signals.  In fact, there is no way to turn 2.4 off in the latest firmware.

Message 2 of 5

@RickF71 wrote:

Is it possible to force a 2.4 Ghz signal? Trying to set up an Idevice that requires a 2.4 Ghz signal but only have a 5 Ghz signal.

the orbi transnits both 2.4 gig and 5 gig under the same ssid name , if your idevice is only 2.4 gig it will just connect to 2.4 gig , if your i devices is dual band it will connect to which ever band is strongest

Message 3 of 5
RickF71
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply folks. My problem is I don't have a seperate 2.4 Ghz signal. Just a5.0 Ghz signal. My MacBook is capable of picking up a 2.4 Ghz, and have signals on that bandwith from neighbors shown on available networks. Have I set up something wrong or will the Orbi not put out two seperate signals? I need to use the 2.4 Ghz signal to set up the iDevice.

Message 4 of 5

@RickF71 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply folks. My problem is I don't have a seperate 2.4 Ghz signal. Just a5.0 Ghz signal. My MacBook is capable of picking up a 2.4 Ghz, and have signals on that bandwith from neighbors shown on available networks. Have I set up something wrong or will the Orbi not put out two seperate signals? I need to use the 2.4 Ghz signal to set up the iDevice.

thats correct with orbi you dont have a separate 2.4 or 5 gig indication as the are both transmitted with the same ssid name and the client chooses which to connect to

the orbi wont have a different name for its 2.4 gig or its 5 gig

why do you need specifically 2.4 gig for the 2.4 gig ? as the orbi ssid incorperates both 2.4 and 5 gig

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7