Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR10 Mesh

ahashemi
Aspirant

RBR10 Mesh

Hi, I have an Orbi Netgear Mesh system.  I was able to check the status of the satellites and speed check via app.  Recently, when I open the App, it is indicating router is not connected.  The Router on the app shows "white" and the 2 Satellites are green.  The actual Router connected to the modem has a Blue light.  I rebooted the modem, and later rebooted the Router and the App still does not recognize the router.  I also tried to login via web interface, and for some reason I am not receiving Netgear emails and cannot remember my password! (it is not going to spam)

Any assistance or feedback would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ahashemi,

I understand that you are trying to access your RBR10 but the app is not recognizing the device. Please navigate to the app store on your device to ensure that you are using the most recent version of the app. If you can not remember your password or your security questions you may need to factory reset the device.

Please navigate to the link below for instructions on how to factory reset your device:

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Let me know if this helps!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@ahashemi wrote:

Hi, I have an Orbi Netgear Mesh system.  I was able to check the status of the satellites and speed check via app.  Recently, when I open the App, it is indicating router is not connected.  The Router on the app shows "white" and the 2 Satellites are green.  The actual Router connected to the modem has a Blue light. 

The RBR10 user manual indicates on page 10 that a blue light indicates that the router is connected satisfactorily.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK12/RBK12_13_14_UM_EN.pdf 

In addition to that, does the system appear to be functioning?  (web? email? streaming?  etc.)  If so, then the problem is that the Orbi 'app' is incorrect.  In other words, "don't worry about it."

@ahashemi wrote:

the App still does not recognize the router.

This is not clear.  Is it (a) that the router still has that white dot next to it, or (b) that the Orbi app no longer functions?

@ahashemi wrote:

I also tried to login via web interface, and for some reason I am not receiving Netgear emails and cannot remember my password!

I am not aware of 'receiving emails' having anything to do with accessing the Orbi web interface. Once a password has been rejected three times in a row, the Orbi brings up a Password Recovery screen which requires the router serial number and correct answers to some inane security questions.  There have been numerous reports on the forum from users who got through the original setup and did  not realize that the security question part and the user is stuck in a cycle of failure.  @KevinLiT is correct that once that happens, the only way to gain web access to the router is to perform a Factory Reset.

There appears to be no urgency in this case.

Message 3 of 5
ahashemi
Aspirant

Thanks Kevin

Message 4 of 5
ahashemi
Aspirant

Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors