Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 and AC2200 issues. Buffering on streaming with and without firestick4k any starting points to

carisimo
Follower

RBR20 and AC2200 issues. Buffering on streaming with and without firestick4k any starting points to

I am using router RBR20 and 3 satellites AC2200. i am getting buffer issues with streaming tv and fire stick 4K. i called Spectrum and they said modem is not the cause. Could be wifi issue. So here I am asking for ways to solve issue.  where do I start? first time user  with community support. 

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR20 and AC2200 issues. Buffering on streaming with and without firestick4k any starting point

@carisimo wrote:

i am getting buffer issues with streaming tv and fire stick 4K....

where do I start? first time user  with community support. 

The usual first step is to verify that Spectrum is delivery the promised speed to the router by doing a "Speed Test" on the router itself.

Orbi routers include a version of Ookla Speed Test that can be activated either from the web browser interface or the Orbi app.

Once it has been determined that Spectrum is delivering the promised speed to the router, the next step is usually to determine that devices attached to the system also receive the promised speed by running a Speed Test on actual devices, such as smart phones, tablets, computers, etc.

Can you provide more details about how the streaming TV and FireStick are connected to the system?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7