Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40/RBS40 + Uverse Router + Netgear 24port Gigabit Switch

Amenthoth
Follower

RBR40/RBS40 + Uverse Router + Netgear 24port Gigabit Switch

I have had this Orbi System setup for a couple weeks now with decent results, but intermittent problems that I would love to resolve.

I have an Existing AT&T Router & home LAN with a Netgear Gigabit 24port switch. Then I added on Orbi.

Everything was/is 192.168 IP system and Orbi comes in with its 10.0.0 overlay. Half the house is hardwired and half is on wi-fi.

I diabled the AT&T wifi, so as to not cause more issues, but I constantly get  computers that cannot see the LAN if they are connected to Orbi. It will work one day and then the next AM, nothing can be seen. Internet access is fine, but no LAN. I have gone into the 192.168 LAN and assigned fixed IP addresses to the hard-wired systems. Other odd problems include SONOS not finding the main AMP, but it will find the satelllite PLAY1, or it will play through to the AMP, but not show control on the app. Has to be a conflict with Orbi. 

Seems like if I get one piece fixed, another goes offline. Can someone help verify the connection setup that I should have and any 192.168 LAN settings that should be enabled/disabled? Thanks!

Curently, this is how I have it running:

Internet>AT&T Router>Switch(port1)

Orbi Internet>Switch(port12)+Orbi>AT&T Router port

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR40/RBS40 + Uverse Router + Netgear 24port Gigabit Switch

Hello Amenthoth

Do you have your ATT router bridged so its modem only? just shutting off the wifi will not do this or you will need to set Orbi as AP mode.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7