Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 satellite solid magenta - no wifi anywhere

vreynolds
Luminary

RBR50 satellite solid magenta - no wifi anywhere

Every time we have a power outage, the satellite ring turns solid magenta, and I have NO WIFI anywhere in the house.  Strange that I lose wifi right next to the main router.  Hardwired components work fine, but no wifi.

1. I tried rebooting the router, same  magenta light and no wifi
  2. rebooted the satellite (unplug and plug back in) same magenta light
  3. Tried re-sync the satellite and router, same magenta light

Honestly I don't know what I did last time but I remember wasting half a day trying all these things and eventually it worked - not sure what.  Any help is appreciated from the community. 

Seriously, this is the last time I am going to deal with this.  I know others have very good luck with this system, but when something goes wrong like a power outage, or crappy firmware, I waste so much time on troubleshooting.

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4
vreynolds
Luminary

More information - I unplugged the satellite and still no wifi.  I rebooted the router and still no wifi.  Firmware: V2.2.1.210.  So it appears the router is not transmitting or something - sorry I am not a techie.

The router hardwired devices work, but no wifi.  Seriously, am I going to have to factory reset due to a powere outage???  Any help please.

Message 2 of 4
DickDuke
Apprentice

Have you looked through all of the available WiFi networks after the power outage? The router “should” retain all of its settings, but if for some reason it didn’t, it may show up with the default name.

if your Orbi router and a computer can be connected by Ethernet, you should be able to log into the router to see what’s going on, and then reconnect the satellite.

Message 3 of 4
vreynolds
Luminary

When I logged in to the router and it said it was connected. Finally I was able to get it to work by unplugging both units, then plugged in the router first, left it alone for several minutes. WiFi came back on. Then I plugged in the satellite waited several minutes, then synced. It worked. I think initially I didn't have success because I was focusing on the satellite instead of the main router. Hooked up the satellite to a ups now to prevent this from happening again.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7