Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50

Routerxchanges
Aspirant

RBR50

The past week and a half I have had to do a “new setup” on my Orbi app. The WiFi works perfectly fine on all devices except my iPhone. I have to go to the Orbi app and do the “new setup” in order for the WiFi to work on my iPhone. Any suggestions on why this is happening? Here is a screen shot of what I get when I open the Orbi app.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR50

In you wifi settings of your Iphone try and remove all the networks that are related to your orbi unit then try connecting the phone to the network again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
BigAwesome
Aspirant

Did the suggestion help? Same thing happens on my iPhone all the time. It’s frustrating. Love the product itself though.
Message 3 of 6
Routerxchanges
Aspirant

It did not help. The system works great, but anytime I open the app it is telling me that my network isn’t set up. Not sure if it is an iPhone thing or the app itself.
Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I will look into this issue and pass it up to engineering.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
budy
Luminary

I am having this issue, due to the fact, that my satellite is connected via a ethernet backhaul. The Orbi app will only connect to the router, if my iPhone is wirelessly connected to the router, but not if connected to the satellite. This did work, when I had my satellite connected via a wireless backhaul.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7