Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50v2

nsitzer
Aspirant

RBR50v2

Password not working when trying to connect to wifi.  Is there a way to change or recover password?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBR50v2

@nsitzer wrote:

Password not working when trying to connect to wifi.  Is there a way to change or recover password?

The only way to change the Orbi WiFi password is to connect to the Orbi administrative interface, either the Orbi "app" or the web interface (http://orbilogin.net).

How did you set up the Orbi?  (app or web?)

Message 2 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@nsitzer wrote:

Are you referring to the admin password or actual WIFI password? Did you set a password when installing your system?

You can hook up a network cable to the Orbi router and login using your admin password and change it. Or you can access the Orbi via the app. If you forgot the admin password, 

1. Navigate to the Netgear login webpage.
  2. Select the ‘Forgot your password?’ option.
  3. In the Reset your password window, enter the email address that is associated with your Orbi account.
  4. Click Reset My Password.
  5. Netgear will send a password reset link to your email address.
  6. Open the link and enter your new Orbi password.
  7. Click on Submit to change the password.
Message 3 of 5
nsitzer
Aspirant

Got it figured out by starting over and got connected.  Tonite however,

@Mstrbig wrote:

@nsitzer wrote:

Are you referring to the admin password or actual WIFI password? Did you set a password when installing your system?

You can hook up a network cable to the Orbi router and login using your admin password and change it. Or you can access the Orbi via the app. If you forgot the admin password, 

1. Navigate to the Netgear login webpage.
  2. Select the ‘Forgot your password?’ option.
  3. In the Reset your password window, enter the email address that is associated with your Orbi account.
  4. Click Reset My Password.
  5. Netgear will send a password reset link to your email address.
  6. Open the link and enter your new Orbi password.
  7. Click on Submit to change the password.

I can connect to an ipad.  Message is password incorrect, yet it is the same I used last night on several devices.  Suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
nsitzer
Aspirant

Figured out the set up last night.  Thanks.  Tonite however I can not connect 2 different ipads and am getting message that password is not correct.  It's the same password as I used last night setting up the router.  Suggestions?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7