Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS10 Firmware corrupted

MikefromPA
Aspirant

RBS10 Firmware corrupted

Experienced an internet outage from my provider recently which lasted about an hour.  After everything came back I realized one of my RBS10 satellites had a flashing Red led on front panel.  My research says that means corrupted firmware.  I did some troubleshooting and noticed the problem RBS10 has firmware version behind the RBR10 and the other RBS10.  My hypothesis is that a firmware update was in place on that satellite when the internet outage occurred which has bricked the satellite.  I tried factory reset with paper clip thinking if I could get it back to factory setting I could add it back to the RBR10 and then update the firmware.  Held paperclip in for over 30 seconds twice and no change at all in leds.  Since it is the satellite and not the router, the tftp solution to transfer the firmware file I ran across does not seem to be an option.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this or is there an option to just replace the satellite by just buying a new satellite without having to get the entire kit?

Thanks for any help...

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

they do make replacement satellites you can buy. 

If you're within warranty, you could open a support case to RMA it 

Message 2 of 3
MikefromPA
Aspirant

Thank you... I am well out of warranty but maybe I can find out how to purchase one.  I got my setup during a Black Friday sale so the price was definitely worth it.  It is such a shame that the design of this thing allows firmware update to brick you with no real way to reset to factory.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7