Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS50 Satellite Pulsing White Forever

jl5824
Initiate

RBS50 Satellite Pulsing White Forever

My model is actually the RBS40 AC3000 Add-on Satellite however there is no selection.  I recently updated to firmware 2.5.1.16 and found that satellite lost connection to router and any device connected to satellite had no internet access.  Sync would not work even after multiple attempts and locations.  Tried factory reset and resulted in the pulsing white continuously.  At start-up ring flashes several times then goes into white pulsing.  In reading other threads I found the TFTP process which I tried a couple of times and each time it said file successfully transferred however when satellite restarted I encountered same symptoms and cannot get it to connect so I can either re-configure, attempt another firmware update or other.  Not sure if trying TFTP w/older firmware file would result in anything different.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

Factory Reset the satellite and use the app to add the Satellite to your existing system.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Or press the sync button on the RBS then on the RBR to add it. The RBS will pulsate white forever until you sync it to the RBR. 

Be sure the RBS is using same version of FW as the RBR has.

@jl5824 wrote:

My model is actually the RBS40 AC3000 Add-on Satellite however there is no selection.  I recently updated to firmware 2.5.1.16 and found that satellite lost connection to router and any device connected to satellite had no internet access.  Sync would not work even after multiple attempts and locations.  Tried factory reset and resulted in the pulsing white continuously.  At start-up ring flashes several times then goes into white pulsing.  In reading other threads I found the TFTP process which I tried a couple of times and each time it said file successfully transferred however when satellite restarted I encountered same symptoms and cannot get it to connect so I can either re-configure, attempt another firmware update or other.  Not sure if trying TFTP w/older firmware file would result in anything different.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
jl5824
Initiate

Thanks for your response.  I had tried the factory reset and that is what had caused the continuous pulsing light.  I left the satellite plugged in after a frustrating time trying to remedy and several hours later it cleared itself to at least connect.  Now I have the "routerlogin.net" Certificate issue message that displays for email accounts on any device that is connected to the satellite.  You have to clear it everytime.  This is what prompted my initial attempt to resync with my router then reset factory when that didn't work.  The easy fix but not a solution, turn off the satellite.  I have yet to find a post that shows how to clear that error.  I upgraded to 2.5.1.16 about two weeks ago but this just started 2 days ago.

Message 4 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

@jl5824 wrote:

Thanks for your response.  I had tried the factory reset and that is what had caused the continuous pulsing light.  I left the satellite plugged in after a frustrating time trying to remedy and several hours later it cleared itself to at least connect.  Now I have the "routerlogin.net" Certificate issue message that displays for email accounts on any device that is connected to the satellite.  You have to clear it everytime.  This is what prompted my initial attempt to resync with my router then reset factory when that didn't work.  The easy fix but not a solution, turn off the satellite.  I have yet to find a post that shows how to clear that error.  I upgraded to 2.5.1.16 about two weeks ago but this just started 2 days ago.

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I would reset the satellite one more time.

I find sometimes the Orbi as well as other devices are stubborn and don't fully factory reset. They leave little ghosts that cause issues. 

Message 5 of 6
ArloWorkPlease
Aspirant

This didn't work. resetting only causes the same outcome as the OP.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7