Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50v2

MCaruana
Aspirant

RBS50v2

Hi,

I have an Orbi mesh network (RBR50v2 router + 2 RBS50v2 satellites) since mid 2023. This has been working very well for me.

I needed to add another satellite to the network to extend my signal to a more remote part of my house. Because I couldn't find a solo satellite, I bought a set of 2 (RBR50v2 router + 1 RBS50v2 satellite) and have been trying to add the new satellite to the previous network using the Add Satellite function on the Orbi app.

Despite all my attempts, I am not managing.

I would be grateful for any tips please!

Thanks

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions

Re: RBS50v2

@MCaruana wrote:

@KevinLiT 

could you kindly let me know how to private message via the Netgear Community website please?

Regards

Maryanne

Click the "user" link @KevinLiT and visit their page.

michaelkenward_0-1678452948990.png

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

"Regulars" on the community forum consistently tend to avoid using the Orbi 'app' for things like this.  (I have never added a satellite using the app, whereas I have added satellites using the web interface numerous times.)

Check the user manual at page 13: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 11
MCaruana
Aspirant

@CrimpOn - thank you for your advice.

I tried the web interface option as you suggested. Unfortunately I keep having the same issue. When I first switch on the new satellite's power supply, its light keeps flashing and/or pulsing white - the light never goes a solid white as it should do when it is ready to sync.  I tried this multiple times at different locations in my house with no joy. Any attempts at syncing keep failing.

Any further advice at this stage? Would an attempt at resetting the new satellite help at all?

Just to clarify, my router is running the latest firmware (V2.7.4.24). 

Thanks,

Maryanne

Message 3 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@MCaruana wrote:

@CrimpOn - thank you for your advice.

Just to clarify, my router is running the latest firmware (V2.7.4.24). 

Fatory Resetting a satellite is relatively painless because the configuration details are kept on the router.

Did you actually try the sync buttons?

https://kb.netgear.com/31018/How-do-I-sync-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite 
(One of their better videos.)

Message 4 of 11
MCaruana
Aspirant

@CrimpOn 

I tried the sync buttons too - still no joy.

I have tried factory resetting the new satellite and not managing - the power LED is meant to flash amber once factory reset successful but it won't do it no matter how long I try.

Any other tips?

I am close to giving up

Message 5 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

I wonder sometimes if the physical reset switch is lined up exactly with that tiny hole in the case.

Message 6 of 11
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MCaruana,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues performing a factory reset on your RBS50v2. 

Please navigate to the link below for a video tutorial on how to factory reset your RBS50v2:

How do I reset my Orbi WiFi System to factory default settings? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 11
MCaruana
Aspirant

@KevinLiT thank you for your message.

Sadly, I have tried this multiple times and the power LED on the back of the satellite fails to blink amber.

I am at a loss what else to do.

Any tips welcome

Message 8 of 11
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Mcaruana,

Thank you for that information!

Please provide the following information in a private message so I can endorse you to our support team to help you resolve this issue:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 9 of 11
MCaruana
Aspirant

@KevinLiT 

could you kindly let me know how to private message via the Netgear Community website please?

Regards

Maryanne

Message 10 of 11

@MCaruana wrote:

@KevinLiT 

Regards

Maryanne

Click the "user" link @KevinLiT and visit their page.

michaelkenward_0-1678452948990.png

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7