Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBSR0 Satellites showing No Connected Device Found after firmware update

jcrozat
Aspirant

RBSR0 Satellites showing No Connected Device Found after firmware update

I have 2 Satelittes and a router throughout my 2 level home.  And I have all my devices connecting to my router and none connecting to the Satallites after the lates Firmware update.  v2.7.2.104.  I have devices practically on top of the Satellites that won't connect and show a poor wifi signal.  What is the issue? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 10
vajim
Master

Re: RBSR0 Satellites showing No Connected Device Found after firmware update

@jcrozat wrote:

I have 2 Satelittes and a router throughout my 2 level home.  And I have all my devices connecting to my router and none connecting to the Satallites after the lates Firmware update.  v2.7.2.104.  I have devices practically on top of the Satellites that won't connect and show a poor wifi signal.  What is the issue? 

How do you know that your devices are connecting to your router? 

what are you looking at or checking?

Message 2 of 10
jcrozat
Aspirant

I've verified in the Iphone App and I also logged into the gateway IP of the router via my web browser.  I have close to 30 devices connected devices.

Message 3 of 10
vajim
Master

@jcrozat wrote:

I've verified in the Iphone App and I also logged into the gateway IP of the router via my web browser.  I have close to 30 devices connected devices.

Ok.  Forget the app

I too have seen recent screw ups with the pc login. Mine says one of my sats is disconnected.   The last time this happened a simple reboot of all, modem and orbi and the problem went away.  I may do that at some point, but for now all devices working and the sats have no rim color.  

if your devices are working I wouldn't worry but it's your blood pressure.  

Message 4 of 10
jcrozat
Aspirant

Just bugs me, the whole point of the Satellites is to spread the device load and improve signal strength.  If devices are connecting to the wrong base station then that defeats the purpose and why did I spend the money on a mesh network?  It appears to be a roaming issue, but of course we won't get those kind of details on a home solution such as this.

Message 5 of 10
vajim
Master

@jcrozat wrote:

Just bugs me, the whole point of the Satellites is to spread the device load and improve signal strength.  If devices are connecting to the wrong base station then that defeats the purpose and why did I spend the money on a mesh network?  It appears to be a roaming issue, but of course we won't get those kind of details on a home solution such as this.

Perhaps...but until you know with 100% accuracy your worry may be in vain

Try the reboot on all then check the pc login 

if that does not improve the situation try a factory reset on the whole system 

Message 6 of 10
jcrozat
Aspirant

Ok quick update.  Some devices have moved to the Satellites, but no all and not what I'd expect.  Roaming on these things is concerning.  That said I'm also unable to access the web interface of one of my Satellites, so that may be an issue to look at.  Thank you for the feedback.  I'm going to see if I can find a way to telnet into the device and do some more digging.

Message 7 of 10
vajim
Master

@jcrozat wrote:

Ok quick update.  Some devices have moved to the Satellites, but no all and not what I'd expect.  Roaming on these things is concerning.  That said I'm also unable to access the web interface of one of my Satellites, so that may be an issue to look at.  Thank you for the feedback.  I'm going to see if I can find a way to telnet into the device and do some more digging.

Reboot all

Message 8 of 10
jcrozat
Aspirant

As a point of note, the reboot all you've recommended had been done before I posted this, once when the firmware update took place, then again as a physical power cycle of all three Orbi devices as well as my ISP modem (which wouldn't have any bearing on connecting local devices).  I've got some experience with this sort of thing, just not this platform.  Again, I really appreciate the response.  Nice to know others are out there offering advice and help!

Message 9 of 10
vajim
Master

@jcrozat wrote:

As a point of note, the reboot all you've recommended had been done before I posted this, once when the firmware update took place, then again as a physical power cycle of all three Orbi devices as well as my ISP modem (which wouldn't have any bearing on connecting local devices).  I've got some experience with this sort of thing, just not this platform.  Again, I really appreciate the response.  Nice to know others are out there offering advice and help!

I did overlook the fact that actually you're dealing with a recent firmware update.  Not good

Firmware updates on here are a sensitive subject and they are best left alone or at least give them some time to work the bugs out

at this point I would try to revert your firmware back to a previous version and leave the updates to the auto process 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7