Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbs50v2

Sarlaud
Aspirant

Rbs50v2

My satellite was not connecting with any devices and then intermittent it would. Devices connected to it had intermittent notices that no internet available while all other devices connected to router and internet. After 4 times with support a new satellite was sent out and I got it up and running, green lights on router and satellite, back haul good! My phone connected to the satellite for a short time then went to router. Now no devices connect to the satellite.

How do I get the devices to connect again to the satellite? Before not all devices connected to the satellite but some would depending on proximity to satellite.

help!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbs50v2

20' is too close between the RBR and RBS. 30 feet is a starting point the going farther. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

It's up to the wifi device to pick and choose which signal to connect too. 

Message 2 of 4
Sarlaud
Aspirant

The distance between them is about maybe 20'. The satellite is in the basement and the router is on the 2nd floor. So I have three stories actually. Do you think the devices will come around on their own and connect when my wife is in basement office. The printer is across from the satellite in the basement and it usually always connects to the satellite. Some of the devices like the 2.4ghz and go to the satellite. I checked again everything is connected to the router. I have 11 devices that connect. I will try your suggestion slowing speed down. Thank you ! I'll let you know what happens.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

20' is too close between the RBR and RBS. 30 feet is a starting point the going farther. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7