× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Restore RBS50yv2 to Orbi mode

Harks11
Aspirant

Restore RBS50yv2 to Orbi mode

How do I get the orbi outdoor satellite out of Extender mode back to Orbi mode. I put it in extender mode will waiting for RBR 753 to arrive. Now want to put it on orbi mode. Orbi at present thinks its an iphone

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Restore RBS50yv2 to Orbi mode

@Harks11 wrote:

How do I get the orbi outdoor satellite out of Extender mode back to Orbi mode. I put it in extender mode will waiting for RBR 753 to arrive. Now want to put it on orbi mode. Orbi at present thinks its an iphone

The Installation Guide shows (on page 2) how to change the device back to Orbi mode:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y_QSG_EN.pdf 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@Harks11 wrote:

The Installation Guide shows (on page 2) how to change the device back to Orbi mode:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/RBS50Y_QSG_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 4
Harks11
Aspirant

With more luck than good support from Netgear I went through the same procedure for making the unit an extender. It is no back to white light

Message 3 of 4
Harks11
Aspirant

Thanks, I searched for that everywhere, perfect. An hour + on the phone with Netgear was no help. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series