Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Same SSID possible RBR50 with BT Smart Hub 2?

markpalmos
Initiate

Same SSID possible RBR50 with BT Smart Hub 2?

Hi

Pardon if I am on the wrong "Location" but none mentioned the RB50, so I took a guess.

I have an RBR50 and satellite RBS50 and a BT Smart Hub2.

I set the SSID on the RBR50 different from the Smarthub as I thought it would interfere, but for coverage reasons, it would be better to utilise the wifi of the Smarthub too, so am I able to set up the RBR and RBS50s so they have the same SSID as the BT Smarthub?

How?

Thanks,

Mark.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @markpalmos ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you would like to use the Orbi Mesh system with your existing access point. To accomplish this change the Orbi router to access point mode. Then give the Orbi router the same SSID and password as your BT Smarthub. 

Please navigate to the following settings to put your Orbi in access point mode:

Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Router / AP Mode > Select AP Mode. 

(Please be sure to select the following setting under the IP address "Get dynamically from existing router".)

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @markpalmos ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you would like to use the Orbi Mesh system with your existing access point. To accomplish this change the Orbi router to access point mode. Then give the Orbi router the same SSID and password as your BT Smarthub. 

Please navigate to the following settings to put your Orbi in access point mode:

Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Router / AP Mode > Select AP Mode. 

(Please be sure to select the following setting under the IP address "Get dynamically from existing router".)

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
markpalmos
Initiate

Thanks Kevin

I will try that tomorrow. Cheers!

Mark.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7