Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satelite firmware update

pcarpenter
Initiate

Satelite firmware update

Have RBR50 w/ satelite that has worked well. After app update, I can no linger see the satelite on the network map via app. Two questions:

1) How can I see my network map from my desktop/laptop

2) How can I tell what firmware is installed on the satelite. I've never been able to update it from the app

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Try logging in through the browser and checking the attached satellite. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen the app display it wrong. 

You can also try auto-updating through the browser as well.

And if that doesn't work, you can manually update that method. 

Message 2 of 6
pcarpenter
Initiate

That's my question. How do I log in through the browser and check the attached satellite? I see no way to do so on the Netgear webpage

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

try orbilogin . net

or its ip address. 

The default is 192.168.1.1 

It could be different if you're in a double nat (your modem/gateway isn't just a modem)

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@pcarpenter wrote:

Two questions:

1) How can I see my network map from my desktop/laptop?
     This is not possible.  The web browser administration (http://orbilogin.net ) has a menu item Attached Devices
     which displays the satellites at the top of the screen and indicates how they are connected.  No "map" diagram.

2) How can I tell what firmware is installed on the satellite? I've never been able to update it from the app
     The Attached Devices page will show the IP address of each satellite.  Open another web browser tab and
     enter the IP address of the desired satellite (http://<ip of satellite> This will bring up the web management page
     of the satellite which shows the firmware version.

Message 5 of 6

@pcarpenter wrote:

1) How can I see my network map from my desktop/laptop

Install the Netgear desktop genie for your operating system.

Netgear is trying to kill this useful utility, but for the time being you can find it here:

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Be warned that the genie installation file is wrapped up in a RAR archive that you have to decompress.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7