Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellite lights turning on constantly

blakejnd
Aspirant

Satellite lights turning on constantly

I find that the satellite lights (on top) are constantly on.  The good news is that most of the time, it is blue, but this is happening often.

It can be especially annoying at night.  And yes, it does flash amber occasionally.

I will normally re-sync or reboot.  I just did not know if this was an issue.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @blakejnd

Sorry to hear that your satellite is constantly on. May I ask if this is occurring only with the satellite? Also, have you tried unplugging and plugging back the unit? 

Regards, 

Christian

Message 2 of 7
blakejnd
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!  Yes, it is only the satellite.  The main unit does not seem to be having this issue.  I have turned it off and on a number of times, but the issue persists.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

@blakejnd wrote:

I find that the satellite lights (on top) are constantly on.  The good news is that most of the time, it is blue, but this is happening often.

It can be especially annoying at night.  And yes, it does flash amber occasionally.

I will normally re-sync or reboot.  I just did not know if this was an issue.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
blakejnd
Aspirant

FW is V2.1.4.6_1.0.8

The modem is the new Orbi w/ modem.  

Home is only about 1000 sq ft with the satellite about 30 feet away maybe at most.

I am using Auto.  So you are saying set up the satellite on its own channel right?  

Sorry if I sound dumb, but I am not super sophisticated when it comes to routers and modems...

Message 5 of 7
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Please post a screenshot of ATTACHED devices here. Is your satellite connection on 5GHz? Is it shown as "GOOD" ?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

No the Stallite follows the base router. 

Try setting a manual channel 1, 6, 11...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7