× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Serial number not recognised. Model number not recognised LBR20 4g LTE router

Howard_walker
Follower

Serial number not recognised. Model number not recognised LBR20 4g LTE router

I try to contact my support plan. It asks for my product regiustration number. I type it in exactly as it is printed on my router. 6 times and checked each time.

It is always marked in red as an invalid number. I cannot connect with support without the product number.

I justy spent a lot of money on this very expensive router and its supposed to give me 6 month support complimentaary. Yet as the site will not recognise the number I cannot use it.

In the troubleshooting section it asks about the leds on the product. There are no LEDS on it, but without selecting one of the two options, neityher of which apply, you cannot proceed further. If you do select one it does not refer to the product.

It wont connect to my printer, and again will not accept my password, though I have s picture of it saved.

Windows 10 up to date. Router software and firmware updated today by Netgear.

The device recognises phones that I have not had for three years, and networks that also I do not know.

All in all, my chinese router Huawie LTE router has better workings than this one, at less than a third of the price

Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Serial number not recognised. Model number not recognised LBR20 4g LTE router

Hi @Howard_walker

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Are we just having issue connecting the printer to the network? 
What is the exact error message when trying to connect to the network?
Please provide the model number of the printer.

As for the product registration, please send me a private message with the device serial number by clicking on this link

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7