Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What Orbi System for a 2500 sqft flat ?

hekub
Aspirant

What Orbi System for a 2500 sqft flat ?

I will move to a new flat apx. 2500 sqft.

I will get high speed cable internet, but no ethernet cables within the flat itself.

So I want to install a mesh system. I think, Orbi should work fine.

I do not know, how many satelites I will need, as there are some very thick walls.

What is currently the best mesh system?

ORBI RBK 58x or Orbi Pro?

What do you recommend? 

I have several macs to connect, some TV´s and iPhones, iPads, and a lot of internet devices like Alexa, intelligent plugs and so on..

Many thanks for your inpu

hekub

Message 1 of 5
alokeprasad
Mentor

I bought a RBK50v2 in December and am very happy with it.  I got it at good discount over black friday.

I personally think that the WiFi6 routers and mesh systems are overpriced and don't offer the bang-for-the-buck given the limitations of the WiFi protocol supported by the connected devices (laptops, phones, tablets), although that will change over time.  Also, the ISP speeds of anything less than gigabit speeds will generally not benefit from WiFi6. If you are able to string the ethernet cable from the Orbi base station to your main fixed equipment, like PC or entertainment system, then RBK50v2 is fully capable of high speeds over Ethernet ports.

I saved my $ for furure purchase of new devices and technologies a few years from now.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
hekub
Aspirant

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

I am not so sure, if I can connect my stationary coputer(s) with an ethernet cable. Therefore I want to go for the best non-wired solution.

And would like to know, if the RBK85x or the pro Version is better for me.

Many thanks nevertheless!

hekub

Message 3 of 5
alokeprasad
Mentor

Try posting in the forum for those systems:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

People there are are more familiar with the newer Orbi's.

Message 4 of 5
hekub
Aspirant

dear alokeprasad, thanks a lot!

hekub

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7