× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi Speed Slow when connected to Router

GarrettB
Tutor

WiFi Speed Slow when connected to Router

Hey everyone. So I'm running the latest firmware as pushed by Netgear.  When a Wireless device gets connected to the RBR (Router) I am seeing a 45 mb download speed but the device is using AC and shows it's connected to the router at around 780MB.  When the same device is using the Sattelite, it gets a download speed of 220MB (I have a 300 MB pipe).  Am I missing something? If anything I would have assumed a wireless connection to the router would have been faster than to the sattelite. Are there any settings I should look at?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
GarrettB
Tutor

Bump
Message 2 of 5
budy
Luminary

Since I am running my RBK in AP mode, I can only state, that I am not seeing any differences in regards of internet speeds, when being connected to either router or satellite. The satellite, however, is connected via a wired backaul, so I wouldn't expect any differences in DL speeds in the first place and I never camne across any setting, that rings a bell regarding this particular problem.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 5
rmadilao
Guide

I have a similar problem as you, but in an opposite way.  My problem is slow speed with satellite isntead of the router.  And it makes no difference if you are using wired or wireless backhaul as the backhaul isn't the problem in my case.  It's the fronthaul connection to my mobile device that's being throttled.

Since I"m having issues with Orbi Pro, I posted mine in that section: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/iPhone-has-slow-fronthaul-connecti...

Message 4 of 5
GarrettB
Tutor

Just to prove this, here is my connection both from the sattelite (fast picture) which incidentally is the exact same speed I get when hardwired to the Orbi through Ethernet, and then the slow picture is when using WiFi and connected to the Router.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 2.33.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-12 at 2.32.49 PM.png

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series