× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi Frustration

router_rage
Initiate

Wifi Frustration

Good Day

I need some guidance and would like to know if the Netgear Orbi is the best option for me.

I live in a concrete house with 3 stories, my current setup is a ASUS ROG GT AC5300 router in the middle floor using Fritz e1750 repeater to the top floor where my office is. I can only have the repeater in a certain room or else there is no reception for it. My problem is that my connection drops every now and then during my conferences and would like to know if I replace the Asus and the Fritz with a Orbi RBK50 setup if this will alleviate the situation ?

Best Regards

Marius

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi Frustration

The problem isn't the routers/extenders. 
Its the cement. Cement is great at blocking wifi. 

You'd be better off investing in either running ethernet through the home, trying powerline devices, or using moca adapters (ethernet over coax). If you get a hardwired connection in the home, then you can setup a mesh system but without that connection, the satellites will have the same problem the current extenders do. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The problem isn't the routers/extenders. 
Its the cement. Cement is great at blocking wifi. 

You'd be better off investing in either running ethernet through the home, trying powerline devices, or using moca adapters (ethernet over coax). If you get a hardwired connection in the home, then you can setup a mesh system but without that connection, the satellites will have the same problem the current extenders do. 

Message 2 of 4
router_rage
Initiate

yes you are right the concrete makes it a problem, but thank you for the suggestion as I did not even think about ethernet over coax, as i have coax in every room but not ethernet (stupid for a new house). I am going to give this a go

best regards

marius

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

good luck!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos