Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

internet won't allow access to certain sites + fire stick apps/Apple TV apps

milobear19
Aspirant

internet won't allow access to certain sites + fire stick apps/Apple TV apps

hi,

I have orbi set up and connected through our old internet modem (frontier) and I also have the orbi satellite- the connection is still not great (and we live in a two story condo) so the satellite is next to our rooms. When i go to watch tv on my apple tv i get- 401 Authorization

access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

This also happens on our Amazon firestick, and certain websites i go on on safari (like today, a nail website)

And when i enter the serial number is disappears after a minute. I have reset modem multiple times.

How can i allow access to this all the time

thanks 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Re: internet won't allow access to certain sites + fire stick apps/Apple TV apps

What Frontier modem/router do you have? Is it the Arris NVG448x?

If yes, then it seems that you have double routers in your network: Orbi is a router and the ISP router is another.

You need to select one of those routers as your main router:

1. If you select Orbi as the router: then you need to set the Frontier router into bridged mode/passthrough mode or DMZ forwarding.

2. If you select Frontier router as the main router: then you need to set Orbi in AP Mode.

Message 2 of 5
milobear19
Aspirant

Re: internet won't allow access to certain sites + fire stick apps/Apple TV apps

I believe it is already in bridge mode?

is this correct?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Not necessarily.
One quick way to test if you have double routers is to use traceroute.
Please open a Command Prompt on a computer connected -preferably wirelessly- to Orbi and type:
tracert 8.8.8.8
This will do traceroute to Google’s DNS server. If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good.
Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@milobear19 Any progress? 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7