Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi app

DL68
Aspirant

orbi app

I've set up the Orbi Whole Home Wi Fi system AC3000, and the Orbi app shows connection and all works well...except that my Roku device apps don't work. When I click on Amazon Prime Video or Disney Plus, I get an error message.  How do I fix this?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: orbi app

The simplest solution is to put the Orbi into Access Point (AP) mode. Use the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, Router/AP mode. The Orbi will reboot. Now the ATT will assign all IP addresses. Easy enough to try.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

It would be helpful to know exactly what ISP device the Orbi is connected to. (brand & model)

Ordinarily, Orbi just "works fine", but there are specific situations which cause problems, specifically when the Orbi is configured as a "router" (the default) and is connected to a "router".  This is called a "Double NAT".  Here's how Netgear describes it:

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

The issue with Amazon Prime has come up several time recently.  I do not remember exactly how it was resolved.

It is also sometimes helpful to know if Disney Circle and/or Bitdefender Armor were activated during the install, and specifically which firmware release the Orbi is using.

Thanks

Message 2 of 11
DL68
Aspirant

My internet service provider is AT&T-Uverse.  They provided me with their brand of router/modem and its model number is NVG599.  I agree this is likely a double NAT issue but I cannot figure out how to change my ATT unit to modem only and impossible to get a hold of ATT technical support.  Any suggestions or other ways to fix this issue?  Hard to believe I'm the only one to face this problem, as I followed all the instructions in the Orbi app setup.

Message 3 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

The simplest solution is to put the Orbi into Access Point (AP) mode. Use the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, Router/AP mode. The Orbi will reboot. Now the ATT will assign all IP addresses. Easy enough to try.
Message 4 of 11
DL68
Aspirant

Thank you! That worked perfectly.  I really wish Netgear would anticipate these issues and add a simple notification to new Orbi users of the need to go to Advanced Settings to change to the access point setting on the Orbi router when connecting via existing (in my case) AT&T router / modem. Much frustration over something that was easily fixed and should have been part of the standard set-up instructions. Oh well...

Message 5 of 11
Yummy571
Tutor

how doo you open the interface please?

Message 6 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@DL68 wrote:

Thank you! That worked perfectly.  I really wish Netgear would anticipate these issues and add a simple notification to new Orbi users of the need to go to Advanced Settings to change to the access point setting on the Orbi router when connecting via existing (in my case) AT&T router / modem. Much frustration over something that was easily fixed and should have been part of the standard set-up instructions. Oh well...

interesting point.....I suspect like many consumer goods, NG exepcts folks to have a understanding how a home network works.  This would include such things as a modem, router (one only please), extenders, etc.

The other side to the equation would be then to also have a understanding of what the consumer currently has in their home, i.e. do I already have a modem, router (ouch).

Most of the problems (outside of firmware updates) that I have seen here is in the case where folks have no idea what they currently have and/or if the Orbi will work easily with the current setup without major configurations.

Message 7 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Yummy571 wrote:

is this what you're looking for:

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

For any Orbi app questions and help, please post in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Good Luck.

@Yummy571 wrote:

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

There are installation guides and user manuals available for review. 

Also https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT

@DL68 wrote:

Message 10 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7