Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbi router recently installed

troy64
Tutor

orbi router recently installed

Got the new Orbi router with satellite up and running today. Smooth so far. About 30 minutes ago I received and alert on my cell phone which read "New device connected to your network" "Armor detected a new device. Amazon streaming device. View Details. MAC:4C:17.....etc. Does anyone know what this notification means? The notification directed me to go to armor security dashboard but I'm not sure what I was supposed to do after that. 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
vajim
Master

@troy64 wrote:

@vajim wrote:

did you activate Armour?

Yes I did and was able to resolve my question. Evidently one of the televisions in our home was not onboard the wifi at the time of set up. When my wife turned the tv on she went thru the set up and the remote was added to the device list. I mistakenly assumed we had covered all items at the initial set up. Thank you all for the response.  

Nice work.  If your issue is resolved you may want to mark this as resolved 

thanks 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
vajim
Master

@troy64 wrote:

Got the new Orbi router with satellite up and running today. Smooth so far. About 30 minutes ago I received and alert on my cell phone which read "New device connected to your network" "Armor detected a new device. Amazon streaming device. View Details. MAC:4C:17.....etc. Does anyone know what this notification means? The notification directed me to go to armor security dashboard but I'm not sure what I was supposed to do after that. 

did you activate Armour?

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor
Good Luck.

@troy64 wrote:

Message 3 of 7
vajim
Master

did you activate Armour?

Message 4 of 7
troy64
Tutor

yes

Message 5 of 7
troy64
Tutor

@vajim wrote:

did you activate Armour?

Yes I did and was able to resolve my question. Evidently one of the televisions in our home was not onboard the wifi at the time of set up. When my wife turned the tv on she went thru the set up and the remote was added to the device list. I mistakenly assumed we had covered all items at the initial set up. Thank you all for the response.  

Message 6 of 7
vajim
Master

@troy64 wrote:

@vajim wrote:

did you activate Armour?

Nice work.  If your issue is resolved you may want to mark this as resolved 

thanks 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7