Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: trying to connect satellite by ethernet

DMR54
Follower

trying to connect satellite by ethernet

Hi:

I am having trouble connecting an RBS20 satellite using a wired connection. I have a HItron cable modem and a RBR50 in AP mode. I have one RBS50 satellite using WIFI connection. RBS20 connects fine using WIFI, but want a wired connection if possible as in a corner of the house. The Ethernet cabling in the house is rather odd -  only a few runs come to a central location (in the basement) and most is connected in various wall outlets, in some strange daisy chain.

Anyway, I can only get the RBS20 to be a wired connection if plugged directly into the RBS50. If I plug into a switch (that is getting internet, as use it for TV), it shows as offline. Have tried rebooting etc. but haven't been able to solve yet.

Any thoughts?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: trying to connect satellite by ethernet

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Be sure the switch and cabling are configured as seen here:
https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...
NG GS-105/108v4, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7