Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wtf is going on

cinek
Apprentice

wtf is going on

new orbi issue. Satellite just restarted and not won't connect to the router. Purple light. I know bring it closer but why should I? I'm typing this on a laptop that's further away from the router than the sattelite and it works just fine being connected to the router itself. So why for the flying fu*k can the satellite not connect? I'm on V2.1.2.18 and no new updates are available. This product is shockingly bad. Should be recalled 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
cinek
Apprentice

done all that numerous times with no luck. We're basically back to the issues I had at the beginning where the internet on the satellite would drop and the ring would not even light up. Restarting it fixes the issue for a few hours.

I've honestly had enough and bought a ubiquity access point. Will run cables all round the skirtings but f*ck it. At least it'll work! bye netgear, never buying another piece of sh*t product from you again. Orbi going in the bin where it belongs

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
joknutsen
Guide

I think I would update to the latest FW 2.1.3.4 and see if that made a difference. However, if this just all of a sudden happend I would think there is a HW error.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

good luck

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi system do you have?

How are the satellites placed? Distance from the router? Ft?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the router is connected too? Any built in router here?

Need more information here. Others have set up there systems just fine.

@cinek wrote:

new orbi issue. Satellite just restarted and not won't connect to the router. Purple light. I know bring it closer but why should I? I'm typing this on a laptop that's further away from the router than the sattelite and it works just fine being connected to the router itself. So why for the flying fu*k can the satellite not connect? I'm on V2.1.2.18 and no new updates are available. This product is shockingly bad. Should be recalled 

Message 3 of 7
cinek
Apprentice

updated to 2.1.4.10 and satellite has gone twice now. Satellite is about 10-15m from the router. It's the RBK50 system

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF the router and satellite. Then power ON the router first then satellite. 

Try manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 48 on 5Ghz

Try placing 30-40 feet..

Diable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming

Message 5 of 7
cinek
Apprentice

done all that numerous times with no luck. We're basically back to the issues I had at the beginning where the internet on the satellite would drop and the ring would not even light up. Restarting it fixes the issue for a few hours.

I've honestly had enough and bought a ubiquity access point. Will run cables all round the skirtings but f*ck it. At least it'll work! bye netgear, never buying another piece of sh*t product from you again. Orbi going in the bin where it belongs

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try to sell it on ebay or something.

Good Luck.

@cinek wrote:

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7