Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I have a RBR750 router and two RBS750 satellites

hmogenson
Aspirant

I have a RBR750 router and two RBS750 satellites

I am having all the same issues described in this post.  I have a RBR750 router and two RBS750 satellites.  Everything was working fine for a long time, but I was away and when I returned, the satellites were not connected.  As described in this post, the satellites do synch, LED turns blue on the satellites and if I wire connect to the satellite, I get internet.  But, the satellites do not appear on the orbilogin.com or the app.  

The router is using firmware v4.6.5.14, but I don't know the firmware of the satellites.

In troubleshooting, I have already rebooted and reset the router and satellites.  Also, the router and satellites are in close proximity in the same room for this troubleshooting.

What was the successful resolution for this post?  How do I update the firmware, if needed, on the satellites if they do not appear on orbilogin.com or the app?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Was the system previously using v.4.6.8.2 FW before?

Can you ethernet connect one of the RBS to the back of the RBR and see if it appears in the RBRs web page? 

Message 2 of 13
hmogenson
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I do not know the prior firmware of the router.

Similar to this prior thread, I tried connecting the router and satellite via network wire, but for me, I could not see the satellites on orbilogin.com or app.

Also, it seems that, while I can connect with a network wire to the satellite and get internet, the satellites are not functioning as true satellites and broadcasting wifi.  I put the satellites back into their locations but the the wifi devices nearby (smart speaker, etc) are still not connecting to the satellites via wifi.

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Only suggestion would be to update the RBR to v.2 and see if the RBR will resync fully or appear in the RBRs web page enough to access there web pages. 

Might need to contact a forum moderator for additional help on this one.

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

Message 4 of 13
hmogenson
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know what you mean by v2.  But, perhaps you are suggesting that I try to revert back to the previous version for the RBR750; V4.6.3.16.

By replying to this thread, I was really hoping to find out if the original poster found a solutions, since the situation seemed the same.  Maybe I should start a new post to see if anyone has the answer.

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

You may try reverting back and see if the RBS connects or try updating to v.2 and see if the RBS will connect wirelessly or wired to the RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

Message 6 of 13
rob_mcintosh
Tutor

I'm the original poster.  I never really found a solution.  They said that they would push an update to me, but after several days I just gave up and installed a different router.  Their solution was that they were going to deliver some sort of patch to me...once received, I was supposed to run a debug or something to distribute it to the system.  It was just too much of a headache and not really described correctly to instill confidence.  

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

The quicker way is to factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Also after this, you should update the RBS first then the RBR lastly to v.2 which is available here in the forums. 

Message 8 of 13
rob_mcintosh
Tutor

I'm the original poster and coming back to this thread (again).  Wondering if anyone was able to successfully figure this out.  I have two "dead" satellites that I'm unable to reconnect with my RBR.  I believe that the issue is that they have an older firmware and therefore I just can't get them to read.  However, I can't figure out how to update the firmware if I can't get them to be discovered and connected to the router.  I have walked through factory resetting everything.  I even purchased a new router and a new satellite (which all set up perfectly).  However, I can't get these two "dead" satellites to connect.  Would love some help here.  

Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

You happen to know or remember the FW version that you had been using? 
Do the RBS appear on the RBS web page if you ethernet connect them to the back of the RBR? 

Might need to downgrade the RBR to older FW if you remember the version.

@rob_mcintosh wrote:

I'm the original poster and coming back to this thread (again).  Wondering if anyone was able to successfully figure this out.  I have two "dead" satellites that I'm unable to reconnect with my RBR.  I believe that the issue is that they have an older firmware and therefore I just can't get them to read.  However, I can't figure out how to update the firmware if I can't get them to be discovered and connected to the router.  I have walked through factory resetting everything.  I even purchased a new router and a new satellite (which all set up perfectly).  However, I can't get these two "dead" satellites to connect.  Would love some help here.  

Message 10 of 13
rob_mcintosh
Tutor

Thanks for the prompt response.  No - I don't know the firmware.  No - I'm also unable to get them to show up when I direct connect them to the router.  Is there a way for me to manually access them in another way?  

Message 11 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

There used to be back in v3 FW days but NG, for unknown reasons, removed the self web page services off RBS. You used to be able to factory reset the RBS and wait 5 minutes, connect a ethernet PC to the back of the RBS and log in to the RBS web page there. Since then that feature is no longer present thus no way to manually update RBS if there not connected to the RBR.

I would say downgrade the RBR however I was told not to downgrade v4.6.7.13 to lower than v4.6.6.x could brick something. Downgrading from v4.6.8.2 to 4.6.7.13 is actually fine but we don't recommend.

I would contact a forum moderator and see what your options are.

@Blanca_O and @KevinLiT 

Message 12 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi rob_mcintosh, 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7