Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR350 - how to recover admin password without having to do factory reset

avinashadvani
Aspirant

RBR350 - how to recover admin password without having to do factory reset

somehow my security questions seem to be wrong, though i dont remember even doing this steps when i setup the router long back.

how do i reset the system admin password now that I dont know my security answers as i need to access the system to try to make some changes which I cannot find on the app.

any suggestions will be appreciated, I couldnt find any solutions other than factory reset

1. Enter the serial number of the router and click the Continue button.
    A window opens requesting the answers to your security questions.
  2. Enter the saved answers to your security questions and click the Continue button.
    A window opens and displays your recovered password.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR350 - how to recover admin password without having to do factory reset

Ok, that would be the cause. Set up the RBR using a PC and web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This will have you input security questions. Write them down for safe keeping if needed later on. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

So that process doesn't work?

I've seen soem where instead of showing the current PW, it has you enter in a new PW. 

Message 2 of 8
avinashadvani
Aspirant

it doesnt work, as it says my security answers dont match and thats it webpage goes out

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Was the router setup initially with a PC and web browser as walked thru the setup wizard? You might try a full reset on the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser. This time be sure to write down all important information for safe keeping. 

Message 4 of 8
avinashadvani
Aspirant

was setup with the orbi app which seemed to be the simplest way to set it up  hence i dont recall ever setting any admin or security questions

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, that would be the cause. Set up the RBR using a PC and web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This will have you input security questions. Write them down for safe keeping if needed later on. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 6 of 8
avinashadvani
Aspirant

sorry one more question, I dont see any guide on setting up with PC, even the netgear support site gives installation instructions by download orbi app 

https://kb.netgear.com/31017/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-WiFi-System?language=en_US

quite a hassle even doing the above took long 🙂  is there another source with directions how to use a PC to set it up without the orbi app.

thanks in advance

Message 7 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements